Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Year in Review - Nibbly Style
Part II

Welcome to the second part of my year in review.


July
7 Pepper Hot Sauce
July was an interesting month for me. I did a 21-day detox, which felt fantastic once I made it past the initial 4 days. But that also meant that there wasn't much cooking going on. However, I did make this fabulous little 7 Pepper Hot Sauce. I love all things spicy and this definitely kicks things up a few notches.



August
Green Tea & Wasabi Glazed Almonds
I added 2 new varieties of glazed nuts to my repertoire, Green Tea and Wasabi Glazed Almonds and Sweet and Spicy Walnuts. Both are quite tasty and would make a great little nibbly bit to put out for guests. And one of my favorite recipes I've ever made was posted this month, my Horseradish Hummus. I'm a lover of all things hummus, but this one is probably my current favorite. It's got a perfect little kick.



September
Roasted Potatoes with Green Olive and Caper Vinaigrette
I think these Roasted Potatoes with Green Olive and Caper Vinaigrette would be perfect finger food for a party. Fried potato goodness is usually loved by almost everybody, and the bite of the vinaigrette makes a lovely companion.



October
Spinach and Toasted Pinenut Hummus
Unfortunately, October saw an overload of schoolwork, so there wasn't much cooking to be had. However, I did add another hummus to the list - a lovely Spinach and Toasted Pine Nut Hummus. Hummus is usually a great healthier dip option to serve to guests and this one will do quite nicely.



November
Red Pepper and Feta Spread
I'm a huge fan of this dip, which also fits in nicely with the holiday festive color scheme. This Red Pepper and Feta Spread can be used in a variety of ways. Pipe into cucumber or phyllo cups or serve as a dip - no matter how you serve it, I think you'll enjoy its kickiness.



December
Cranberry Jalapeno Spread
And finally we end up with December's Cranberry Jalapeno Spread. This is a lovely little spread that pairs wonderfully with cheese. The jalapeno adds a mild little bite to this tasty spread that was made for holiday entertaining.

Hopefully you've enjoyed this year's review and will find a recipe or two that looks tasty. I also wanted to send out a huge thank you to all of my readers who stop by 28 Cooks. This blog wouldn't exist without your support and for that I'm a truly grateful!
I wish you a very Happy New Year full of peace and hope!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... you are quite the creative and motivating cook! When your cook book becomes available I want to purchase a number of them for my food fan friends that like to throw food parties as well as cook wonderful things for themselves.

Your photography is outstanding.

Crystal said...

Props for the detox!!! 21 days is amazing and I'm glad you said it's easier after the 4th day. I think that's the key to getting over anything...just wait a couple days.

Great recap of the year!

-Crystal

Dori said...

I would love to have the will-power to do a detox...any time I have tried, I have failed :D All of these dishes sound yummie but I know I will be trying the horseradish hummus very soon! Happy New Year!

Cynthia said...

A very happy new year to you! Thanks for the many dips and I am looking forward to many more.

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Fiber said...

Anon - Thanks for the wonderful compliments. My goal this year is to work on a cookbook, so I'll keep everyone posted! Thanks for visiting!

Crystal - yes, it's always the first few days that are the hardest. After that, it was honestly so easy - almost so easy that I didn't want to stop on the 21st day!

Meeso - let me know how you like the horseradish hummus! It's absolutely one of my favorite hummus recipes - I'm actually making another batch today!

Cynthia - Happy New Year to you too!!

Jeena - thanks for visiting!