Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Horseradish Hummus

I can't tell you how good it feels to be in the kitchen again, making real food! And I thought what better way for me to get back to food blogging than by having a new hummus recipe. I was recently named "Queen of Hummus" by 2 of my favorite food bloggers, Kalyn and Alanna, which is very flattering. I love all things hummus, as you can tell from my 12 different variations in my archives. Not only is hummus super easy to make, but it's also a great healthy snack.

Those who know me best know I love anything spicy and horseradish fits that bill perfectly. Feel free to decrease or increase the amount of horseradish, based on your own personal taste. This spread is great on tortilla chips, crackers, or fresh vegetables.

Horseradish Hummus

Horseradish Hummus
1 can (15.5 oz) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp freshly ground horseradish (I used the jarred kind)
1/4 c good extra-virgin olive oil
Freshly ground pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until well combined. Chill in refrigerator for an hour or two to allow flavors to get friendly. Serve and enjoy!

17 comments:

Heather said...

I so have to try this one. I think DH would love it! He lurves horseradish and we both really loved your roasted red pepper hummus. I blogged about it the other day.

Kalyn Denny said...

You *are* the Queen of Hummus, there is absolutely no doubt about it! This one sounds just as great as your others. I love, love, love horseradish in anything so I'm already loving it.

Alanna Kellogg said...

Yes you definitely need a Hall of Hummus so we can get to the variety when hummus calls - THIS one tops my list (today).

leslie @ definitely not martha said...

I think you're about to become my hummus hero. I adore this idea. I bet it would be good with wasabi too.

Anonymous said...

Yum... I can't wait to try it - a spicy hummus... now that is what I'm talking!! Are there any leftovers available.

rlb

Anonymous said...

Seriously. This one goes in my 5. Love it.

Carla said...

You're the reason I want to make my own hummus!

Fiber said...

Heather - glad you enjoyed the hummus! You've got to try this one if you love horseradish.

Kalyn - *blush* Thanks so much. I am in love with horseradish too, and I've been trying to use the rest of it in different recipes. Keep your eyes peeled next week for more!

Alanna - I love the idea of a Hall of Hummus. It does have its own heading under my archives.

Leslie - Mmmm.....wasabi!

RLB - you betcha!

Carla - you absolutely have to try. It's much much easier than you think, and I love that you can control the ingredients that go into it.

Pille said...

Horseradish and hummus sound like a match made in heaven! Bookmarking and hopefully making it really soon. Thanks!

Gaetano's Red Bank said...

ALLTHINGSGAETANOS.BLOGSPOT.COM

Deb Schiff said...

Two of my favorite things together. I'm going to have to try it. Thanks for posting. Looks delicious!

kelli said...

definitely putting this on my favorite list.

Miss M said...

I took the horseradish hummus to a wedding today and ended up giving your web blog to a dozen people!!

Yay for fabulous hummus' keep em coming!

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

I made this delicious hummus today after getting hooked on Trader Joe's horseradish hummus. May I have your permission to share the recipe on my blog?? Thanks so much! :)

Ashley's Cooking Adventures said...

I made this delicious hummus today after getting hooked on Trader Joe's horseradish hummus. May I have your permission to share the recipe on my blog?? Thanks so much! :)

Kristy said...

So I just came across Horseradish Hummus on a website and wanted to make it and when I googled it, your recipe came up first!!

Anonymous said...

I saw Horseradish Hummus at Trader Joes just last weekend for the first time. I can't wait to make this. I heart hummus!