Monday, January 14, 2008

"Smoked" Salmon Spread

Like I said in last week's post, I absolutely love making dips and spreads. I could make an entire meal out of dips. Wait, scratch that - I'm sure I already have. But dips are fun and easy to make and are great to serve to guests.

This is a great quick and easy dip to make. Although I've used the substitute of canned salmon and liquid smoke, it's got flavor that is spot on. I bet that most tasters won't be able to tell that this dip doesn't include the pricier real thing. Serve with crackers, grilled bread rounds, or try the Crispy Flatbread.

Smoked Salmon Spread

"Smoked" Salmon Spread
2 (7.7 oz) pkgs salmon, drained
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, room temperature
1 tbsp prepared horseradish (or more to taste)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp liquid smoke

In medium bowl, add salmon. Using a fork, make sure salmon is well flaked and doesn't remain in large pieces. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Allow to chill in the refrigerator before serving for flavors to get friendly. Serve and enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this the one we were eating while filming the video podcast? That was great. Speaking of...episode 2 is overdue!

Cookie baker Lynn said...

This looks delicious! I'll have to bookmark this for a party.

Monica said...

WOW! My mom used to make this all the time and it is DELICIOUS! She aded a bit of VERY finely chopped green onions to the mix, put it into a sort of "log" shape and rolled it in finely chopped parsley and served it with Carr's water biscuits. Great stuff.

Fiber said...

AC - nah, this is a different one. But I'm with you on the Episode 2!

Cookie Baker - let me know how you like it!

Monica - That sounds really good. It will dress it up too. I'll have to try that next time!