Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Harissa Roasted Potatoes

I'm not going to lie to you. These potatoes? Fantastic. It's probably one of my most favorite roasted potato blends. And I've made some good roasted potatoes before. But this one is awesome.

Obviously, I love anything spicy, so combine the comfort of potatoes, a touch of harissa for spice factor, and then toss some fresh lemon juice over it at the end, and you've got yourself a wonderful side dish. (or main dish, if you're like me)

Harissa Roasted Potatoes

Harissa Roasted Potatoes
2 pounds potatoes, scrubbed and diced
2 tbsp harissa (more or less, on preference)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Juice of 1/2 lemon, squeezed

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Dice potatoes and place into large bowl. Add harissa, olive oil, salt, and sesame seeds, and toss well to combine. Spread out in single layer in a greased baking dish, or on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Place into oven, and bake 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Remove from oven, and stir in lemon juice. Serve and enjoy!

6 comments:

Special Sauce said...

OK. You have just settled it. I need to make a batch of Harissa. Darn you! DARN YOUUUUUUUU...
those poatoes look very, very good.

Harmonia said...

WOW! I might even be able to try this one! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Fiber - I had harissa chicken last night :) I love them and often add spices too (coriander, cumin etc). Your potatoes look so yummy, I'll try with sesami seeds next time!

Fran said...

I love potatoes! This looks so good. Will definitely do this. Thanks.

Catherine said...

Yum! and so easy!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm from Guatemala, and I don't know what spice is Harissa??? another name form it???