Friday, April 21, 2006

Ginger Snow Peas

Sometimes, the best dish is the one you have no recipe for. The one you make when you want something quick and good, and you can throw it together in a matter of minutes.

My staple is a quick stirfry. I normally keep a pretty good selection of fresh vegetables on hand (which makes sense, being a vegetarian) and it literally takes about 3.2 seconds to have one on the table. My favorites are either a strictly vegetable stirfry, or I'll use leftover quinoa, and make a fried "rice" with vegetables.

The other day, I made that lovely Sesame Soba Noodle Salad, and I had some snowpeas left in the refrigerator. In the midst of my "cleaning out the pantry" day, I decided to make one of my most favorite snow pea dishes, Ginger Snow Peas.

Ginger Snow Peas


I'm not providing a formal recipe, because honestly, this dish is so easy and can be changed in so many ways. But it's so fresh tasting, I just had to share.

I start with a combination of hot chili sesame oil and regular sesame oil in the bottom of my wok. Once that's nice and hot, I throw in some thinly sliced red onion. After a few minutes, I toss in some minced fresh ginger and garlic, stirring for a couple seconds. I then throw in the snow peas, and cook for a minute or so. (I love my snow peas to still be a tad crunchy). At the very end, I toss in some fresh lemon juice, stir a few more times, and remove from heat.

So tell me - what is your favorite non-recipe?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice picture. Looks very tantalizing. I might try this one myself. You take such nice pictures where did you every get a camera to do that?

Fiber said...

Thanks for the compliments. The camera was actually a gift from my dear sweet father when he purchased a new one. It's a Nikon CoolPix 880, and once I learned how to monkey around with the settings, I found it takes some really excellent pictures.
Thanks for stopping by!

jasmine said...

Hi Fiber

I agree-- this is a great photo--lovely colours and contrast.


j

NWJR said...

Your photography is stunning.

Anonymous said...

You have lots of great photos on your blog. Lots of great recipes too.

Lizzy said...

mmmm! looks good!!

paati said...

beautiful photo.
paati

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Discount lavoratory faucets Jeweled sweaters watches seiko culligan water faucet filters Spy and adware Amateur nina what is a percocet m363 Jogging 23th Going jogging at sunset Oralgiene vacuum cleaner spare part Starting a pet cremation business alarm diagram fire Omni water filtersan diego ca Web web web web accounting employment Gold coast soccer tournament in florida Architectural faucets pharmacy xenical what is tramadol asterisk voip schweiz Dog sweaters Creme anti cellulite sitewww.beaute-test.com