Monday, March 06, 2006

Sundried Tomato and Pesto Hummus
I think I'm obsessed with hummus, although I have to ask myself, "How could I not be?" It's fresh-tasting, it's healthy, and it's super easy and inexpensive to whip up. I think maybe I should just write a hummus cookbook.
Here's the next one I tried and loved. Of course the sundried tomatoes speak for themselves, and the pesto is a very nice touch.

Sundried Tom Hummus

Sundried Tomato and Pesto Hummus

1 can (15oz) garbanzo beans
3 tbsp oil from sundried tomatoes
2 tsp pesto
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp tahini
2 cloves garlic, minced
7 sundried tomatoes, minced
Salt/pepper

Combine beans, oil, pesto, lemon juice, tahini, and garlic. I use a potato masher, but feel free to use a food processor and blend together well. Stir in tomatoes, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Allow to chill for an hour or so, and serve.

3 comments:

Special Sauce said...

Hello Sun Dried Tomato and Pesto Hummus! (just doesn't have the same ring as "Hello Harry & David" but it'll do nicely.)

I'll expect some in the shoebox....

Mindy T. said...

As you know, fiber, I'm a fellow hummus addict. This sounds delicious and I'll definitely give it a try. And thanks for visiting my blog...

http://mindycooks.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I just made this. YUM! Only changed I made were as follows...
I didn't have any lemons on hand, so I used seasoned rice vinegar in place of the lemon juice.
I added 1/2 tsp. of cayenne instead of black pepper.
FANTASTIC!!!!!