Saturday, March 04, 2006

Sundried Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Salad
I love dishes that are fresh and summery in the dead of winter when all you want is spring. This is a great dish, and the sundried tomato dressing brings it alive. Of course, the fresh mozzarella and basil don't hurt either.
Sundried Tom Pasta

Sundried Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Salad

Dressing
5 tbsp olive oil
1/2 c sundried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained
1 tbsp of oil from tomatoes
1/4 c red wine vinegar
1 tbsp capers
2 cloves garlic, minced

Salad
12 oz pasta, cooked
2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 pieces
1 c fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1/2 c fresh parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and Pepper

Cook pasta according to directions. In the meantime, process all dressing ingredients in food processor until tomatoes are coarsely chopped. Combine pasta, dressing, and rest of the ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your site and just love your photos and recipes. This looks absolutely delicious! And I can't wait for things for spring to arrive, either.

K Allrich said...

That looks absolutely HEAVENLY! And all we have here is snow, and wind and cold...

Ah. Pining for summer and picnics...

Eat Peace Please said...

I found your page finally. Great photos. Great foods (the vegan one's to me). I have enjoyed looking through your photos, you take them really well!!!

Anonymous said...

Two Words. Big Fan.

I'm pretty sure I ate more than my share of this. I hope you weren't saving it for something special....

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I've never seen tomato oil, any suggestions on where to purchase? I love love love fresh tomato and mozzarella salad and it's been a few years.

Fiber said...

Jess - the tomato oil is actually just the oil from the sundried tomatoes. I'll update the recipe so it's a bit more clear.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Thanks for the heads up, my curiousity is sated.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read 1998 infiniti i30t toyota used truck Strip poker nude neurontin bipolar effexor from withdrawal xr 1996 jeep cherokee Whats best virus scan 3f Toyota gettysburg pa Ocean water filters Using a dish as a tv antenna Bali bras 3640 Orthopedic waterbed mattress ultracet party