Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Roasted Cauliflower

Even though I probably didn't deserve it this year, my dear roommate Lina gave me this lovely little Le Creuset dish for Christmas.
The Maiden
And despite my secret obsession for all things Creuset, it's gone unused since that day.
But today, I had a lovely rainy day off, so I thought I would kick it off with a little vegetable dish. And this dish, my friends, is one of those dishes that can turn a person vegetarian.
The dish

Roasted Cauliflower
1 head cauliflower, cut into pieces
16-20 cloves garlic, peeled
2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary
salt and pepper
1/4 c olive oil, more or less
Mix all ingredients in baking dish and pop into a 450 degree oven. Cook for about 20-30 minutes, stirring every once in awhile, until done. Garlic is also lovely roasted, and can be used for bread, smeared on the florets, or eaten with the cauliflower. Either way, they are fantastic.

I mean, look at this guy...

Caulicloseup

5 comments:

Special Sauce said...

And honestly, after hearing about this for two entire days- I will be taste testing it in my own hizzy. Hail, Hail. Bring on the Cauliflower and the Garlic. Sweet.

jae said...

wow, sounds great.
i'm so glad to see another blog with regular food postings!

jae said...

bah! i forgot to acknowledge your Cruset gift!
how generous!
i just got a blue 7 1/4 quart dutch oven for christmas from my parents. what a motivator to make more soups and stews. when i'm middle aged i expect i'll be able to tell people "you know, i've had this pot since i was 25..."

Miss_Critiki said...

That sounds super delicious, and also easy which is a plus for us right now!

Roasted cauliflower ingredients on the list for the next shopping trip!

gray la gran said...

yum yum yum! i made both the brussel sprouts and cauliflower tonight, with garlic (tons of garlic, of course) in the same dish tonight. i am in heaven =)