Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Broccoli Salad with a Thai Peanut Sauce

Thai Broccoli Salad
Thai Broccoli
This is an amazing dish, and I'm not just saying that because I cooked it. This is a dish that can definitely stand alone as a meal, and if you are meat-inclined, add some rotisserie chicken and call it a day.

Broccoli Salad with a Thai Peanut Sauce
1/4 c chunky peanut butter
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tbsp hot water
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 1/2 tbsp oil
3 c fresh broccoli, in florets
1/2 c red bell peppers, julienned
1/2 c onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
hot sesame oil (optional)

In a blender or mini-food processor, combine peanut butter, sugar, water, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, and pepper flakes. Pulse until well blended and set aside.
Heat oil over medium high heat in a wok. Add the vegetables and garlic, and stir-fry for 4 minutes, or until tender crisp. At this point, I drizzled the hot sesame oil over it. Remove from heat, place in a large bowl, and pour dressing over it. Mix well and serve. This can be served either hot or cold. Either way, I promise it's excellent!

6 comments:

Susan Voisin said...

Hi--This looks delicious! I saw your recipe on vegetarianspice and just had to see the photo. I'm enjoying your blog and plan to drop in again.

Anonymous said...

YUM! I added a bit of sriracha sauce, tofu "chicken" strips, and some ginger. mmmm...so good!

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

Dori said...

I just saw this over on Cook's Hideout and I had to make my way over to say this looks amazing!!! It's something I'll have to try soon :)

Anonymous said...

YUM! I am eating this as I type, since i saw it and thought it looked quite simple. It was! And fast too! Lets not mention very very delicious! Everyone should try this!

Anonymous said...

I made this last night for dinner with some pulled chicken mixed in. DELICIOUS! My husband loved the "kick" that it had. It will definitely be a repeat in our house.