Now onto the second part of the Top 10:
6. Who doesn't love a nice tasty beverage? Shown here is Ginger Beer, which would be lovely for sipping over the winter. The syrup can be bottled in a tall bottle with instructions for mixing with soda water. Another great holiday beverage is Coquito, which is a lovely eggnog-ish type beverage perfect for this time of year.
7. Breakfast goodies - I'm one of those who rarely have time for making breakfast in the morning, so I love things that can be put into a baggie and can be eaten on the run. Shown here are my absolute favorite breakfast bars - full of protein and whole grains. They are also hearty and guaranteed to keep you full for a few hours. A nice batch of these would be a unique gift for a food basket. A lovely loaf of this Chai Pumpkin Bread would also be great, or add in a batch of these Morning Bran Muffins. Or even better, throw in some homemade granola. Here's a list of some wonderful options:
*Lemon Green Tea Granola
*Pina Colada Granola
8. Hot Sauce - As you know, I'm a huge fan of hot sauce. So a gift of homemade hot sauce would be right up my alley. Shown here is my 7 Pepper Hot Sauce, which is delightfully hot. Or try this Harissa or Red Chile Sauce.
9. Another unique gift for those holiday gift baskets would be a bottle homemade salad dressing. Shown here is one of my favorites, the Gingered 3-Seed Dressing. This Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette would also be tasty, as well as this Asian Pear Dressing. And if you're worried about putting a refrigerated item in a basket, the perfect solution is tucking in a ice pack from the Dollar Store. That way, items will be kept cold.
10. And finally, the traditional gift of baked sweets. This Cardamom Coconut Macaroons are some of my favorite Holiday cookies. Rosemary Shortbread is also a lovely little treat to have a with a cuppa tea. I think I would love to get a batch of Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies as a gift. Of course, these Fleur De Sel Caramels would be lovely sprinkled in the basket as well.
Hopefully you have some great ideas for your gift baskets. I'd love to hear what you're including in yours. Leave me a comment and let me know what your loved ones will be receiving from you this year!