Monday, April 02, 2007

Spring Greens with Asian Pear Dressing

As a non-meat eater, I often eat a lot of salads, especially when I'm eating out at places that aren't herbivore friendly. After the 15th salad in a week, I get sick of eating the same salad dressings. That's where this recipe comes in.

Not only did it take 5 minutes to whip up in the blender, but it's absolutely delicious. The pear nectar is the perfect base for the sesame oil and soy sauce, and the fresh ginger gives it a nice little Zing!

Although this dressing would be excellent on any salad greens, try it over spring mix, tossed with mandarin orange slices and sliced almonds.

Asian Pear Dressing II

Asian Pear Dressing
3/4 c pear nectar
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
Freshly cracked pepper

Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and process for 30 seconds, or until smooth. Season to taste with pepper.

6 comments:

Patricia Scarpin said...

This is my kind of salad - delicious and colorful!

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of this dressing, I have put it in my files to try soon on my next salad!

Anonymous said...

This salad sounds splendid! Where would I find pear nectar? Do you recommend a specific brand?

TIA!
Maureen

Ellen said...

Mmm, this looks *delicious*. I haven't been eating much salad lately because I've been bored with it, but I'll have to try this. I love salad with mandarin oranges!

Ellen said...

Ok, I just make this and it's the *best* dressing I've ever tasted. I'm on my way up to the kitchen to make more already!

I couldn't find pear nectar at the store, so I bought sliced pears in a jar and pureed them with a little of the liquid from the jar. Then I followed the recipe, and to the salad added sliced grape tomatoes, toasted green pumkin seeds, and marinated black olive pieces.

OMG sooo good. Thank you thank you thank you! :)

bazu said...

this salad looks so divine! thank you for the recipe.