Monday, April 14, 2008

Sun-dried Tomato Dip

I adore sun-dried tomatoes. The flavor is so outstanding and intense and any chance I get to use them, I love it. I saw a recipe for Sun-dried tomato dip in Veganomicon and I instantly bookmarked it.

This recipe is quite different than the original version, but I think you'll find it to be quite tasty. It literally took me 10 minutes to throw it together, and all of the ingredients are readily stocked in any full pantry. Guess what that means?? You've got an instant dip to throw together when unexpected guests arrive. Who doesn't love that??

Sun-dried Tomato Dip

Sun-dried Tomato Dip
A variation of Veganomicon's version

1/2 c slivered or sliced almonds
1/2 c oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 c oil from tomatoes
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 c canned navy beans (or other white beans)

In food processor, process almonds until they are ground to a powder. Add tomatoes and process until chopped. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Serve and enjoy!

If you're looking for more sun-dried tomato recipes, check these out:
*Sun-dried Tomato Tapenade
*3-Bean Salad with Sun-dried Tomatoes
*Sun-dried Tomato and Pesto Hummus
*Sun-dried Tomato and Peppercorn Biscotti
*Sun-dried Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Salad

5 comments:

Mama Mia said...

that looks healthy and great!

evinrude said...

sounds great! incidentally, i love those crackers/biscuits/i-really-don't-know-what-they-are that you have in your picture. what are they?

Fiber said...

Lina - thanks!! It's very tasty.

Evinrude - they are Wasa Multigrain crackers. I absolutely adore them. Low in fat and calories and high in fiber. Delicious.

Vicki Graf said...

That looks like it would make such a great appetizer, I will definitely have to try it! Great picture too :-)

Anonymous said...

I made this this week, and used smoked almonds. It was SO good. Thanks for the recipe!