Monday, September 11, 2006

Sundried Tomato Tapenade

Usually I make a list of ingredients for a recipe, and based on just reading them, I'll know whether or not a recipe will turn into something I like. But sometimes, even though you know the ingredients ahead of time, it's not until the final taste that you realize you have fallen very deeply into love.

This definitely goes on my list as one of the tastiest things I've made in the past few weeks. That's not to say the rest of the recipes weren't tasty, but sometimes one stands out.

Looking for a quick appetizer to serve with a glass of wine, or an elegant snack? Enter this tapenade. I'm already in love with sundried tomatoes, but combine them with garlic, basil, rosemary, and red wine vinegar, and you've got yourself something amazing. I imagine this would be excellent on almost anything you spread it on, from crackers to cheese to the base of a pizza.

Sundried Tomato Tapenade

Sundried Tomato Tapenade
1 c sundried tomatoes, either oil packed or dried
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp capers, drained
1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar

If tomatoes are dried, soak in boiling hot water for 30 minutes and drain well. If oil-packed, drain well. Place into food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Remove from processor and place into a bowl. Add garlic to food processor, and mince well. Add capers, and mince again. Return the tomatoes to the processor as well as all remaining ingredients. Process until texture is slightly rough, but well mixed. Chill for 15 minutes before serving.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

your pictures always look so delicious. How do you do it?!

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Dr. Melissa West said...

Your photo is beautiful. I have bookmarked this recipe. I love tapenade. What a great idea. What kind of crackers did you use? They look delicious too!

Kate said...

Your crackers do look homemade and delicious. You are right.. You can tell by reading this recipe that it is going to be incredible.

Fiber said...

Vueve - just good luck really. I take a bunch of pictures and hope one makes me go "Wow!" But thanks for the compliments!

Melissa - actually, they're just Melba Toasts - nothing too fancy. But they are delicious with the tapenade.

Kate - Yep. I've fallen in love. =)

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I would love to try this recipe... but you mention basil and rosemary in the description, then the actual recipe doesn't include them. Am I missing something?

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I would love to try this recipe... but you mention basil and rosemary in the description, then the actual recipe doesn't include them. Am I missing something?

Anonymous said...

I've fallen in love with your blog.

Fiber said...

Jessica - sorry to take so long to answer. The basil and rosemary are included in the Italian Seasoning blend. Sorry - I should have made that more clear.

Monologist - thank you, thank you, thank you!