Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Midweek Chat

Violet


So here it is, Wednesday. And to be honest, I haven't been doing much cooking. Spring weather has finally hit us and I've been out enjoying it as much as possible. I recently was gifted with a new bike, so I've been out blazing the trails whenever possible. I've also been trying to get back into the routine of running and walking. I forgot how good it feels to be active.

My semester at school is also winding down which means the work load is ramping up. I've got reports and presentations and all sorts of fun stuff to get done these next few weeks, so I can't promise I'll be posting as regularly as possible.

I did just have a great moment this past weekend. I was inducted into the Phi Alpha Honor Society, which was a goal of mine when I started back to school a few years ago. See, when I had my first go-round of college right out of high school, I didn't really give it my best shot (see also: academic probation). So when I started back again, I set some goals for myself, including maintaining a high GPA as well making it into the honor society. It was definitely a great feeling to have accomplished that.

In 28 Cooks' news, I do have some exciting things and developments coming up. I've got some guest bloggers lined up, as well as some other changes, so stay tuned. I hope to be back on Friday with a new recipe for your viewing pleasure.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

What a lovely, lovely photo.

Congratulations on all of your success! Before you know it, the semester will be over and what a relief. Good luck!!

Dori said...

Congratulations on your honors and that is a really beautiful picture :)