Friday, January 05, 2007

Behind the Apron Roundup

apron2


Have you ever visited a food blog, day after day, and stopped and wondered what the chef behind the magic looks like? I often wander through my Blogroll and wonder who's on the other side of the computer.

As food bloggers, we focus so much on the food that we often reveal nothing of ourselves to our readers. On any given street, I probably couldn't pick out more than 2 or 3 of the writers of the 100 or so food blogs I read on a regular basis.

That's where this "Behind The Apron" round-up comes in. Starting today, and ending January 31st, post a picture of yourself on your blog, revealing as much (tastefully, of course) or as little as you want. Introduce yourself, show us your family, do whatever you want.

Send a link to your post to 28cooks AT gmail DOT com, and I will round them all up, posting the final tally on February 4th. Please make sure you place a link to this post in your entry. You can also feel free to snag the handy button up at the top.

Have fun - show us who you are!

19 comments:

Dr. Melissa West said...

OOooh, I lvoe this! I am going to make a post now!

Anonymous said...

Yo, that button is HOT!!!

madeinalaska said...

Oh my goodness you have read my mothers mind.. She has been trying to post a picture of me w/ my whole family for months now.. She has been telling me how much "those girls who always comment would just love to see me".. Okay.. This is just the kind of motivation I needed!
By the way.. happy blog anniversary! I have been just in awe of all of your beautiful food photography for a while now..
Happy new years
Julee

Fiber said...

Melissa - great post! Can't wait to include that in the final wrap-up!

Button Boy - you got that right. But maybe you're just saying that because you made it....

MadeinAlaska - If your mother said it, then you have to participate in the roundup. =) And thanks for the anniversary well wishes!

Special Sauce said...

Fiber, those eyes just keep following me... it's spooky. I'm glad I reconsidered the 28 cooks "under the apron" tattoo. Temporarily, anyway...

(Oh who am I kidding. It's awesome, of course.)

madeinalaska said...

okay.. I copied your "button" and posted a link to your round up..
bravo! thought MAYBE you would like to know..come visit me sometime... www.madeinalaska.blogspot.com
Julee

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

i just saw the only tania's and think this is such a fun idea! :o)

Dori said...

Fiber, I came out on my blog with some sprouts. :) Fun idea, I see many are revealing themself.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic idea! You can count me in.

The Culinary Chase said...

I like the idea & just finished doing a post. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea!

Anonymous said...

Great idea :) You can count me in!

Vani said...

I think that's a great idea, 28! I've seen a few pictures of fellow bloggers and I think it's really nice to have a face to go with names. I like the anonymity that the web provides but now I'm thinking about posting my picture! :)

Chris said...

I'm posted! Great idea. I can't wait until Feb. 4!

Vanessa said...

Great idea! Just posted my "Behind the Apron" story. Can't wait for the roundup.

Brooke said...

Cool idea, I will try to do one this week! Woohoo!

bazu said...

Hi, I *just* posted my behind the apron, hopefully just under the deadline! I hope this is in time... Thank you for coming up with such a cool project! I can't wait to see everyone else come out from behind their aprons when you do the final round-up!

Amey said...

yay fun!
I did one too, I hope I'm not too late with my entry!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

booo! am i too late? i love reading the behind the apron on everyone's blogs. can i still get in on the action?