Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Black Bean Salsa

I've made the Bueno Fresh Salsa so many times this summer for parties, picnics, and to take into work, I just needed something new.

As you can tell from my archives, I'm a huge fan of black beans. And as someone said in the comments of the Southwest Couscous salad, there isn't a better combination than black beans, cilantro, and lime juice.

Those 3 ingredients make up the backbone of this salsa, and although the ingredients list is somewhat simple, and will take about 15 minutes to make start to finish, it's got a lovely rounded and full flavor.

Black Bean Salsa

Black Bean Salsa

1 (30 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 c diced yellow bell pepper
1/4 c minced red onion
1/2 c minced fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
4 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil
4 dried thai chilies, minced
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp dried basil

Combine all ingredients well in large bowl. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for an hour or so before serving. Serve with tortilla chips, or mix into rice or couscous for a very quick salad.

7 comments:

Special Sauce said...

Yay! Another reason to have black beans in my pantry!

Stop the translation! said...

Your blog is awesome, I'dd like to add it to my list of blogs I read.
Also, I would like to invite you to join a new site www.myfacemyblog.com
It displays pictures that link to people's blogs.
The site is brand new, it's free to join until the end of August and it will bring more readers and comments to your blog. Check it out.
Feel free to tell your friends about it.

Anonymous said...

Yum-O!

gray la gran said...

are the dried chiles just for color? are they intended for consumption?

jasmine said...

Beautifully delicious!

j

B said...

Looks good, very nice pic!

christine said...

Wow that looks great, I LOVE the picture! You have so much talent. It's so festive. :)