Monday, February 25, 2008

Field Greens with Warm Mushroom Rosemary Dressing

I've been craving mushrooms something fierce these past few days. At the same time, I'm at the point where I am getting a little sick of eating salad with the same dressings every day for lunch. So I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and do a warm mushroom dressing.

This is a great little dressing and takes about 10 minutes to make from start to finish, which is a bonus! It would also be a great sauce to go over rice or pasta, or thrown on top of fish, steak, or even a baked potato. But it's simply wonderful as a salad dressing and it packs easily for work. Simply place mushrooms and dressing in a small container, heat up in the microwave, and toss over a separate container of salad greens. It couldn't get any easier!

Field Greens with Warm Mushroom Rosemary Dressing

Warm Mushroom Rosemary Dressing
3 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups thickly-sliced baby bella mushrooms
Salt/pepper to taste
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
2 tbsp red wine vinegar

In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, cover and saute for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender. Add rosemary and vinegar and simmer for 1 to 2 additional minutes. Remove from heat and toss over fresh field greens.

Got more mushroom cravings?? Then check out these recipes:
*Hearty Mushroom Barley Salad
*Asparagus and Mushroom Bisque
*Portabella and Wild Rice Stuffed Poblano Peppers
*5 Minute Mushroom Sauce

8 comments:

Naomi said...

Seems absolutely lovely, will give this a shot :) Thanks!

Fiber said...

Naomi - thanks! Let me know how you enjoy it!

Heather said...

Thank you so much for this blog! I recently started a macrobiotic diet and your blog is one of the best ways to find new recipes that I can eat. I also love that they are always so simple. And roasted vegetables are the best! We've been doing that for several years now. Our seven-year-old DD says she only likes brocolli when it's cooked brown! She doesn't like it steamed.

Frantic Home Cook said...

I'll show you mine, you show me yours! You saw my salad, now I've come to peek at yours. Looks delish! And you used my fave: baby bellas. This is a must try.

Peabody said...

What a gorgeous salad.

Jody said...

It was wonderful. Thanks.

Fiber said...

Heather - I've always been interested in the macro-b diet. I'll have to follow your blog to see how it goes for you.

Frantic - I agree with you - I love baby bellas!!


Peabody - thanks!


Jody - glad you enjoyed it!

Heidi said...

This was WONDERFUL! Way to satisfy a pregnant woman!