Thursday, September 13, 2007

Lists and Lists

So yesterday I had a funny thing happen to me. I was talking to one of my classmates at school* about being a vegetarian. We were talking about recipes and cooking when she turned to me and said, "Hey, if you love to cook, there's a great website one of my friends recommended to me. It's 28 Cooks!"
It took me a minute to process before I started laughing and told her it was mine! It was very flattering.

And now onto the mega-list of food writing and cookbooks that were suggested during my contest. There are some really good ones on here, and my Amazon Wishlist is bulging under the pressure.

Enjoy!

Alton Brown - I'm Just Here For the Food
Chef Paul Prudhomme - Fiery Foods That I love
Sherry Yard - The Secrets of Baking: Simple Techniques for Sophisticated Desserts
Vegan with a Vengeance
Dorie Greenspan - Baking From My Home
Alford and Duguid - Hot, Sour, Salty, Sweet
Alford and Duguid - Mangoes and Curry Leaves
Doris Janzen Longacre - More With Less
Fine Cooking Annual
The Soup Bible
The Moosewood Cookbook
Trish Deseine - Je Veux Du Chocolat
Deborah Madison - Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone
Madhur Jaffery - Taste of India
Claudia Roden - Arabesque
Ruth Reichl - Garlic and Sapphires
Ruth Reichl - Tender at the Bone
Ruth Reichl - Comfort Me With Apples
Nick Malgieri - How to Bake
Colette Rossant - Memories of a Lost Egypt
Joy of Cooking
Cook's Illustrated - New Best Recipe
Suzanne Goin - Sunday Supper at Lucques
Marcus Webb - Herb and Spice Companion
Albi and Walthers - Greens Glorious Greens
The Un-Cheese Cookbook
Marlene Spieler - Vegetarian Bistro
The Artful Vegan
The Millenium Cookbook
Weight Watchers - Around the World
Weil and Daley - The Healthy Kitchen
Chocolate and Zucchini
Cooking the Best
Culina Mundi - World Cooking
Sally Fallon - Nourishing Traditions
Jeff Cox - The Organic Cook's Bible
Anthony Bourdain - Les Halles
Mark Bittman - How to Cook Everything
Laurie Colwin - Home Cooking
Aniko Gergely - Culinaria Hungary
The Bread Bible
Amy Sedaris - I Like You
The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook
Mediterranean Summer: A Season on France's Cote d'Azur
Nick Malgieri - Chocolate
Jamie Oliver - Jamie's Italy
Sarah Kramer - La Dolce Vegan
Giada DeLaurentiis - Everyday Italian
Vegan World Fusion Cuisine
Eat, Drink, and Be Chinaberry
Rose Elliot - Veggie Chic


*Currently pursuing my Masters in Social Work

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome list of cookbooks, and perfect timing! I saw some on here to add to my Holiday Wishlist.
It's so cool that you got referred to yourself! Now that's success- congrats!