Monday, December 01, 2008

Thai Coconut Curry Stirfy

I absolutely love curry paste. The Vietnamese grocery store by my house sells cans of it for .75 ea, and I always pick up at least 2 every time I go, just in case. The combination of coconut milk and curry paste is one of my favorite tastes, and I wanted to create a stirfry with this delicious sauce. I also added some peanut butter and fresh lime juice for a little twist.

I made this with some very tasty baked tofu, but you could easily substitute chicken if you're a carnivore, or skip the protein all together. Regardless of what you do, I think you'll find this to be a tasty main dish!

Thai Coconut Curry Stirfry

Thai Coconut Curry Stirfry
Serves 4

Sauce
1 (15 oz) can coconut milk
1/2 c vegetable broth
1 tbsp red curry paste
1/3 c creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp asian garlic chili sauce

2 tbsp sesame oil
1 red bell pepper, cut into slivers
1 c red onion, cut into slivers
1 (1/2 lb) box of baby bella mushrooms, chopped
1 pkg baked tofu, cut into pieces

Combine all sauce ingredients in a food processor and process until well combined. In a large wok, add 2 tbsp sesame oil. Add bell pepper and onion, and saute for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute for an additional 4-5 minutes, until all vegetables are starting to become tender. Add baked tofu and sauce ingredients, stirring well. Bring sauce to a boil, lower heat, then simmer for 3-4 minutes. Serve over rice and enjoy!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Yum!! This sounds great!!

Anonymous said...

Um, I love the flavor of curry.

KathyJ said...

We made this for dinner last night. It was great!

Anonymous said...

This sounds great, think I will give it a go tonight!

Not a big fan of mushrooms so might throw in some sweetcorn.

Unknown said...

Made this for dinner two nights ago.. yummmmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I made this tonight and I thought it was a little bland... Should we have used the whole can of red curry?