Monday, August 04, 2008

Behind the Apron

First, the entries for Behind the Apron 2008:

Joy the Baker's post includes a fantastic looking recipe for Raspberry Almond Bread, so you'll want to definitely check her blog out.

Show Me Vegan has a tasty looking beverage on her post and has a beautiful picture of herself in Negril, Jamaica. Definitely makes me wish I was there!

This is a new blog to me, but definitely one to bookmark - Ward Street Bistro. The Crab, Asparagus, and Orange Salad immediately caught my eye!

Head over to Small Space Sweets and check out her beautiful little daughter who already has developed a taste for spinach - I love it!

As a vegetarian (occasionally vegaquarian), I love to hear about how others made the transition to this eating style. Ginger Beat tells us how she made the choice to eat vegetarian and why she started her Denver-based blog.

Although I don't eat turkey, I do love the looks of this recipe for the potstickers included in The Practical Gourmet's Behind the Apron post. I'll have to try and vegetarianize it!

Just the name "Yo Soy" cracks me up and I love it for a food blog. The picture taken by a paparazo is definitely unique.

Shortcut to Mushrooms sums herself up in 5 words for her Behind the Apron post. She also has some great recipes on her site, including one for Eggplant Caviar, which sounds amazing.

Although it was sort of a smaller round-up this year, there are definitely some really good and tasty-looking blogs included. I love getting to know the cooks and chefs behind the blogs.

Since I introduced myself last year, I thought I'd just post a recent picture and give a little intro to some of my new readers. Here I am at a friend's house, right after enjoying some very tasty wild salmon. (Which, seriously, if you've never had it, you really must try it. It is completely different than the farmed stuff.)

Behind the Apron


Since last year, my occupation has changed. I am 2 classes shy of completing my degree and just recently started working for my county's Children and Youth Agency. I am in the abuse unit and spend much of my time going to interview children that have been either physically or sexually abused. It's extremely tough and emotional work, but I absolutely love what I do. There are days that I come home and immediately burst into tears, but there are also days when I see kids that just crack me up and still maintain a sense of humor, despite their horrible lives.

Other than that, I keep myself busy reading and cooking, and am always on the search for more food ideas.

Thanks for joining me in this year's Behind The Apron round-up!

3 comments:

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

Thanks for hosting Behind the Apron! I look forward to checking out the other blogs. I'm a psychologist and also have those really tough days, so we have something in common. I guess cooking is my therapy!

Aimée said...

I heard about this event a little too late to participate, although let me know if you do it again. It's a great idea and fun to learn a little bit more about people.

Beatrice said...

Thank you for putting this together. It was a lot of fun to see all the entries!

B