Friday, May 30, 2008

I know.
I KNOW!

I haven't posted. In almost 2 weeks. That's ridiculous, isn't it?

I just started a new job, working as a caseworker at a county Child Protective Services agency. I'm working in the abuse division, which is where I wanted to be. It's been hard getting used to the emotional toll of it all, and by the time I make it home at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is cook.

I do promise to be back next week with some new recipes and pictures. And even more exciting - I'm going to a cooking class on Sunday with a bunch of my friends. My father won a 10-person gourmet cooking class and our chosen menu is Seafood. I'm looking forward to a great afternoon and plenty of pictures.

Until next week, have a great weekend and hug your children for me, would ya?

6 comments:

toontz said...

Oh, lucky you. I hope you have fun at the class. I can’t wait to see the pictures.

gray la gran said...

ooooh ... a cooking class! so fun :)
regarding the job, i don't have kids, but i will hug my sock creature instead .....

Dori said...

Keep up the good work, It's important that these poor kids have someone helping them that cares about their lives and outcomes... Have fun at cooking class!

Anonymous said...

I understand. I used to work for workers compensation claims for 7 years and it was a very draining job. Do good works, you, and post when you can.

Sarah said...

That is quite a demanding and difficult job but congrats nonetheless!

Courtney said...

congrats on the new job. i had a friend who did that for years and found it very rewarding. all i can say is thank god for people with hearts as big as yours. ;)