Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Horseradish-Crusted Salmon

I don't think it's any big secret that I love fish, especially tilapia. But I thought it was high time I made a recipe with something other than tilapia!

Salmon is such a great-tasting fish. It's very versatile and is super easy to prepare. If you're looking for a great-tasting yet easy and quick to make salmon recipe, here you go. The topping takes about 5 minutes to whip up, and then 15 minutes to cook. That means you can have this on the table in about 20 minutes, if my math is correct. So go ahead, give this tasty recipe a try!

Horseradish Salmon III

Horseradish-Crusted Salmon
Serves 4

2 (6 oz ea) salmon filets
2 tbsp horseradish
1/2 c italian seasoned bread crumbs
1 tsp fresh lemon zest
1 tbsp stone-ground mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced

Preheat broiler. Combine horseradish, bread crumbs, lemon zest, mustard, and garlic in a small bowl. Season salmon with salt and pepper and place in lightly-oiled baking dish. Firmly pat horseradish mixture on top of both filets. Place under broiler. Cook about 12-15 minutes, until topping is nicely browned and salmon is done. Serve and enjoy!

5 comments:

Dori said...

I'm always surprised by how many people like fish, but dislike salmon... It's nice to see another salmon lover like myself! This looks great, and I am definitely bookmarking this :)

Fiber said...

Meeso - you are so right! I know a lot of people that either love fish and hate salmon, or hate fish because they tried salmon first. Thankfully, I happen to love it all!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I've never heard of this crust for salmon before but it sounds amazing! Salmon is my favorite fish... I crave it from looking at your photo now :-D

www.ifoods.tv said...

Hi There

Sorry for writing this in the comments but as I am compiling a list of all the food bloggers in the world it would take too long to find all the e mail addresses. I have 2 things that are of interest to food bloggers 1)The comphrehensive list of Food Bloggers from around the glode we have compiled at http://ifoods.tv/site/blog-links.jsp As this list is massive can you check if your blog is correctly linked and you are happy with it. Secondly we are offering food bloggers free advertising banners on www.iFoods.tv as part of a initiate to drive traffic to food blogs. Could you please email us if you wish to participate. Once again sorry for writing in the comments and hope to hear from you soon. Cheers

Anonymous said...

At first I thought it was a tilapia but it doesn't matter becasue salmon is a tasty fish and i love it...and it's easy cook..