Thursday, June 26, 2014

Fresh Herb Marinade

One of my favorite things this year about my garden is the herb box I put in. There is something about going out the back door, walking a few steps, and harvesting some fresh herbs to add into meals. And there's just nothing like fresh herbs. The flavors, the smells - amazing.

My basil and parsley has been doing very well, so I wanted to use a bunch of it up. Obviously, it needed to be a grilling recipe (I've only used my stove once since the beginning of May) so it seemed like the perfect idea to make a marinade for fish. This marinade would also do well on chicken or pork, if you are so inclined.

And the recipe is dead easy. Chop up a bunch of fresh herbs, add a few more ingredients and you have a marinade!



You could easily bake or saute your protein once it's marinated for awhile, but grilling turns the herbs into little crispy flavor chips of deliciousness. But regardless how you cook it, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how easy yet flavorful this marinade is.



Fresh Herb Marinade
Makes 1 batch

1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp lemon juice

Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. My favorite way to marinate anything is to throw it into a Ziplock bag. Allow fish (or other carniverous things) to marinate at least for a few hours. Discard any leftover marinade.

No comments: