Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Sweet Cinnamon Walnuts

A great ebook, Raw for the Holidays
,has been on my list of books to purchase for a few weeks. Especially after seeing so many of the teaser recipes on the blog!

This is one of the recipes from that book and when I saw it, I immediately knew I wanted to try it. I've made a few changes, but they are tasty just the same!
These are the perfect little nibble and a great little snack to have on hand. I've used walnuts here, but you could easily substitute pecans, almonds, or other nuts.

This is also another great recipe to give for the holidays. It does use one of my favorite kitchen appliances, the dehydrator, but I'm sure you could make these in a low heat oven just as well.

Spiced Walnuts

Sweet Cinnamon Walnuts

2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp agave nectar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3 cups raw walnuts
1/2 c dried flake coconut

Warm oil until it becomes liquid. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Spread out on 2 Teflex sheets and place into dehydrator. Dry at 110 degrees for 15-20 hours until dry.

10 comments:

Girl on Raw said...

I was going to make something similar today with my pumpkin and sunflower seeds and nuts. How did the coconut oil go in the dehydrator? Because it's a fat, I imagine it doesn't reduce?

Girl on Raw said...

I was going to make something similar today with my pumpkin and sunflower seeds and nuts. How did the coconut oil go in the dehydrator? Because it's a fat, I imagine it doesn't reduce?

Fiber said...

Hello! Actually, after the full time in the dehydrator on screens, they came out a little sticky but really good.

Noobfoodie said...

wow, tempting i love sweets, but not too much it's not good in the health

Lisa@ButteryBooks said...

I was looking for some snacks for our Christmas party and these sound perfect. Thanks for the recipe!

restaurants said...

yummy..... snacks are so delicious....

Eating places said...

That sounds like a fantastic idea.

Kimberly said...

I like walnuts so much!. Thanks for this snacks recipe

Sophia said...

These things look gorgeous and I am sure are delicious. I'm bookmarking these to try this weekend.

Kimberly said...

These looks so yummy. Yours look so delicious, I’ll have to give it a try.