Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fun with the Dehydrator: Flax Crackers with Everything

There's something about an Everything bagel that just makes me swoon. Actually, I think it's the combination of the "everything" spices that really gets me. I was in the grocery store yesterday and saw some Everything Pretzels and almost picked them up. But I've been trying to eat as raw and as healthy as possible the past few days, so I left them on the shelf. As I came home and unpacked my groceries, the pretzels still loomed in my mind.

I've been addicted to flax crackers lately, since they are healthy and super easy to make in the dehydrator. I was thinking about making another batch of my standard Mexican flavor until it hit me - flax crackers with "everything!"

This recipe is delicious. The seeds and spices add a wonderful element of flavor to this cracker. They are crispy and delicious, and I've been dipping them into everything lately. I'm sure you can make this in a very low heat oven, so if you try it, let me know how it works out!

Oh, and check back on Wednesday for a lovely creamy Raw dip that pairs wonderfully with these.

Flax Crackers with Everything


Flax Crackers with Everything

Makes 5 trays

1 cup golden flax seeds, soaked in 1 cup water
1 cup golden flax seeds, ground
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup fresh (or frozen) corn
4 tsp dried minced garlic
1 tbsp poppy seeds
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp caraway seeds
1 1/2 tsp salt
More sea salt to sprinkle

In a food processor, combine onion, pepper, and corn until well processed. Pour into medium mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix by hand, making sure to mix well. Spread onto Paraflex sheet-covered dehydrator trays 1/4" thick. Score with pizza cutter into desired shapes. Dehydrate at 105 degrees for 6 hours, then flip and remove Paraflex. Continue to dehydrate another 18-24 hours. Store in airtight container.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Great you are leaning to raw and hope you don't have too many cravings!
Have you seen www.goneraw.com
?
Love you 28 cooks!
Sue

jodye@sendfood.wordpress.com said...

These crackers look wonderful, I love the colors of the bell pepper and corn!

Tori said...

Just subscribed to your blog! Can't wait to try your recipes!!!
FIToriBLOG.com