Sunday, March 30, 2008

Tilapia with Parmesan Crab Sauce

I think one of the best parts of cooking is being able to feed other people. I love to entertain and have people enjoy my cooking. Every home cook wants to be able to wow their guests and have everyone talking about their food for a long time. You want people to beg for the recipes. And best of all, you want to be able to say, "Oh, this old recipe?? I just threw it together."

Every home chef needs a few good "ace-in-the-hole" recipes - you know, the ones you can throw together, yet they look like you were slaving in the kitchen for hours. This recipe is absolutely perfect. It looks gourmet, yet you can truly have this on the table in about a half an hour. The ingredients are simple and are probably found in any well stocked refrigerator and pantry.

I adore this recipe. It's perfect for serving to guests or for a nice quiet romantic dinner. Go ahead - give it a try. And then sit back and wait for the compliments to come.

Tilapia with Parmesan Crab Sauce

Tilapia with Parmesan Crab Sauce
Serves 4

4 tilapia filets
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
A scant 1/8 tsp nutmeg
2 tbsp soy milk
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/8 c dry white wine
3/4 c Parmesan cheese, shredded
8 oz fresh crab meat (I use claw)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small saucepan over medium high heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and nutmeg. Slowly whisk in milk. Continue whisking and cook until smooth. Add in worcestershire, white wine, and Parmesan cheese. Add crab, mix well, and remove from heat. Season tilapia filets with salt and pepper. Place in well oiled baking dish. Pour sauce over tilapia. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

7 comments:

Katie B. said...

Yum! I have tilapia in my freezer! I can't wait to try this and feel the love!

Kalyn Denny said...

It does sound just fantastic!

Fiber said...

Katie - let me know how you enjoy it!

Kalyn - thanks! I know how much you love tilapia too!

Vicki Graf said...

That looks amazing and quite tasty! I will definately have to try this sometime, thanks!

test it comm said...

This sounds really tasty!

Cynthia said...

This is definitely a keeper.

mbee said...

One gross mess! I'm not sure what happened here, but I followed the directions, and it was a mess. My family threw it out. I could tell something was wrong when I added the 2 tablespoons of flour to the one tablespoon of floor. It was way too thick. There was not enough liquid. Once I plated it, it was a white mess of gunk, and it did not tasted good. I wasted $9.00 on tilapia and $12.99 on crabmeat. SAVE YOUR MONEY!