Monday, November 05, 2007

It's here - it's really here!

I can't believe we're already in the beginning of November. It seems like just yesterday I was enjoying 90-degree weather and walking around in sandals. But fall is here, as is the ending part of my semester.

Man, it's been crazy around here. Between classes and work and life, I just haven't had the chance to make it into the kitchen. Of course that doesn't mean I haven't been enjoying some good food. I actually had some lovely appetizers at one of our new local restaurants, Fenz, over the weekend. Although the atmosphere feels as if you've walked into the middle of one of your parent's parties, I think they have some solid food offered on the menu. Everyone from the hostess to the busboys recommend the Pickle Fries, so we ordered them. I must admit they were rather tasty. Forget what you know about pickles - when you deep-fry them, they become a completely different animal. Served with a lovely aioli, they were quite the tasty treat. As their companion, we ordered the french fries which are liberally doused with the nectar of the gods, aka. truffle oil. I'm of the opinion that there isn't anything a little truffle can't make better, so these were a very lovely little nibble.

I hope to be back later on this week with some new Fall recipes, as well as a new Top 5 on my sidebar. But while you're waiting, go ahead and take a peek through the archives - there are plenty of great recipes that would come in handy on a cold evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deep Fried Pickles? :) Were they breaded or battered? Sounds tasty!

Anonymous said...

So you've been partying with my parents???

I've been wanting to check that place out. Have you been to Yorgo's yet? If so, how is it?

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of pickle fries. Must be an American thing as I have never seen them here in Australia. They sound great. I will have to find a recipe on the net.